Demand Planner/Buyer - EMEA
The Demand Planner/Buyer will work closely with sales to incorporate customer specific forecasts into the demand plan, including promotions, changes in store counts, off-shelf product presentation and plan-o-gram changes. This role will create proper forecast information/flow/update process between sales/marketing and purchasing for UK Retailers and EMEA Distributor network. The position will assure new product demand estimates are adequately represented in the forecast until reliable history is available for statistical modeling.
- Work closely with Logistics & Customer Service Supervisor:
- Place Purchase Orders and Confirm open Purchase Orders: Verify suppliers are shipping on time and all item details have been updated in ASW and expeditors system. Expedite shipments as needed & promptly communicate issues to team.
- Understand capacity and production schedules to ensure on time shipment. Understand lead times, weeks of supply and balance accordingly. Stay within weeks of supply guidelines set by executive S&OP team. Manage slow moving inventory as per guidelines set by PPI senior Management.
- Resolve inventory discrepancies at suppliers.
- Maintain customer service fill rates as directed by PPI senior management. General guidelines are 96% overall service rates, PPI senior management will provide more specific goals by brand and or customer.
- Identify and share quality problems with Account Team, participating in action steps to resolve QC issues. Process vendor charge-backs as needed.
- Actively participate in and prepare for UK Account meetings, providing input and supply plans as needed, taking defined action steps, following up, and updating team promptly.
- 4-year degree
- 3-5 years of experience in demand forecasting, buying, supply chain, vendor management, customer/account management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytics (both reviewing data and making recommendations) as well as decision making skills
- Very savvy in all types of systems.
- Experience in creating, implementing and communicating forecast accuracy metrics and measures.
- Experience in smaller entrepreneurial environment managing 200 or more skus in a rapid new product introduction environment. Managing & forecasting new product phase in/out, cutovers.
- Process analysis and implementation, data mining and data refinement.
- Ability to work effectively with forecasting software.
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE
- Proactive and dynamic
- Curious and enjoys learning about the changing consumer and market
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
- A juggler- likes to have multiple balls in the air, and willing to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done.
- Flexible, dynamic, diplomatic, aggressive
- Ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically to optimize forecast development.
- Proven collaborative skills/ability to influence effectively across the following disciplines: Sales, Marketing and External customers
- Reports to: Managing Director - EMEA
- Manages: None
- Key Relationships: Supply Chain, National Account Managers, S&OP team in the U.S., Finance, Marketing, Customer Marketing
Paris Presents Incorporated is an entrepreneurial, privately held / private equity backed company that creates and distributes strong brands of makeup tools and body care accessories in over 60 countries. Our 70+ year old company is a high-growth, beauty business with a focus on exceptional quality products at affordable prices developed through innovation and on-trend design. Paris Presents has a very fast paced culture, with the senior management team coming from major CPG companies and having strong records of growing businesses. The company has been recognized on Inc’s Top 5000 fastest growing privately held companies to work the past three years in a row.
The company’s three core brands are EcoTools®, Real Techniques®, and Body Benefits by Body Image®. EcoTools is a leader in eco-conscious beauty products, most notably for incredibly soft cosmetic brushes but also offers a line of hair brushes and bath accessories. Since its launch in 2011, Real Techniques is the number one makeup brush brand on YouTube, the leading share brand in the UK and is at key retailers such as Boots and Superdrug.