Senior Product/Graphic Design Manager
Reporting to the Director of Creative Services, this position will be responsible for driving the design strategy for the Real Techniques brand, while ensuring our customers have the best purchase experience possible from product and packaging to point of purchase. The Senior Product/Graphic Design Manager is “hands on” and will be responsible for creating differentiated cosmetic accessory designs to delight beauty consumers while being mindful of pricing structure. The ideal candidate will apply their vast understanding of market trends, industry awareness and knowledge of digital graphic programs to create brand right ideas for development. The designs will be thoughtfully developed for manufacturability through consumer performance and enjoyment and reinforce the design language of the brand.
- Responsible for leading and directing the visual aesthetics of product and package design for the Real Techniques brand. Other potential brand growth opportunities as assigned.
- Shape the creative vision and elevate the beauty aesthetics across all consumer touch points, by leading, developing and providing art direction.
- Design compelling and differentiated new products and packaging to delight consumers and drive profitable sales.
- Leverage key beauty, fashion and cultural trends, while meeting brand briefs
- Create and drive brand asset development and management of the Brand Creative Library.
- Responsible for developing and motivating designs, as needed.
- Research industry trends for both design and make-up look inspirations.
- Create & present trend boards to express the tone, look and feel of design concepts and secure alignment with Manager and Cross Functional partners.
- Create sketches and collaborate with design and development team.
- Create design specifications for product development team to initiate 3D development. Specifications may include die-lines, material and color direction. Facilitate transition by creating appropriate files and libraries.
- Create support materials for internal and external presentations.
- Create support materials for the Stage Gate presentations and sales materials.
- Cultivate & maintain working knowledge of the key competitive landscape.
- Work with the team to prepare materials, documents and other items needed for internal & external meetings.
- Partner with cross-functional team to understand financials and apply knowledge to design products at the right cost.
- Currently a Senior Product/Graphic Designer with a consumer-packaged goods or beauty, fashion, accessories company.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design.
- 10+ years of professional design-related experience.
- Experience in designing around a project brief and brand guidelines.
- Proven experience in collaborating with developers to design new products.
- Able to effectively articulate 2D representations of 3D concepts.
- Proficient in: Adobe Creative Suite for MAC, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of print production and building print ready files on die lines.
- Confidence presenting design trends and product concepts.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple brands and multiple products at the same time.
- A keen understanding of product design and development, packaging, materials, manufacturing and financial fundamentals and strong ability to execute against these fundamentals.
- Experience working with national mass, drug, specialty and food retailers.
- Practical experience with consumer and customer insights.
- Great aesthetic expression.
- Experience in motivating and developing design talent.
- Works well in cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop conceptual visual ideas and execute against them to create innovative design solutions
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE
- A passion for fashion and a talent for identifying beauty and fashion trends.
- A tenacious, competitive person who also has a sense of humor and doesn’t take him/herself too seriously.
- A values-driven people person who possesses superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external groups.
- An entrepreneurial, high energy, action-oriented designer who thrives in a fast paced, high pressure environment; who is process-oriented; leads by example; works effectively with minimum supervision; and can think well “on the fly”.
- The ability to set priorities and execute against them, while seeing to immediate business needs.
- A multi-tasker with a taste for juggling and experience keeping many balls in the air.
- Flexible, with a growth mindset. Ability to succeed in a changing environment and adjust to varying market and consumer needs.
- Detail oriented while also able to think holistically.
- Open to constructive feedback with eagerness to learn about the business and grow new skillset.
- Strong problem-solving experience and ability.
Reports to: Director of Creative Services
Manages: May have internal design staff members and external designers and agencies
Key Relationships: Part of Creative Services team; close working relationships with Product Development, Innovation, Creative and Marketing.
Paris Presents Incorporated is an entrepreneurial, privately held / private equity backed company that creates and distributes strong brands of makeup tools and body care accessories in over 60 countries. Our 70+ year old company is a high-growth, beauty business with a focus on exceptional quality products at affordable prices developed through innovation and on-trend design. Paris Presents has a very fast paced culture, with the senior management team coming from major CPG companies and having strong records of growing businesses. The company has been recognized on Inc’s Top 5000 fastest growing privately held companies to work for 3 years in a row.
The company’s three core brands are EcoTools®, Real Techniques®, and Body Benefits by Body Image®. EcoTools® is a leader in eco-conscious beauty products, most notably for incredibly soft cosmetic brushes but also offers a line of hair brushes and bath accessories. Since its launch in 2011, Real Techniques® is the number one makeup brush brand on YouTube, the leading share brand in the UK and one of the fastest growing brands in the U.S. Body Benefits by Body Image® is the number one brand in bath accessories with distribution at key retailers such as Walmart and Target.