Business Analyst – Specialty (Ulta)
Position will report to and partner with the National Account Manager for Ulta and provide critical thinking and insights through the synthesis of analytics. A few but not exhaustive examples would include: uncovering key consumption trends, promotional results, new item performance, identify consumer trends and refine weekly ordering. This position will need to be able to work independently however communicate and influence both written and verbally.
- Analyzes sales (consumption and shipments) and inventory data in order to provide inventory/forecast leadership to execute our and customers’ major initiatives.
- Creates and maintains Post Mortem reporting and analytical models using advanced MS Excel tools.
- Proactively identifies sales opportunities and inventory concerns and generates potential solutions to address.
- Actively participates in cross-functional team activities in support of the program(s).
- Proactively communicates customer/vendor concerns within the team to ensure a collaborative approach to the situation.
- Create strong relationships vertically and horizontally in both our internal environment and with the external customer.
- Planning and conducting business reviews/analyses that tie into the company’s, account’s, and customer's key initiatives.
- Reviews competitive landscape (promotions, distribution, pricing, and merchandising) and makes recommendations for action.
- Reviews and creates recommendations related to velocity for POG placement.
- Develops ROI on Gross to Net spending and promotional lifts.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience.
- Detailed forecasting and data analysis expertise is required.
- Expertise in MS Excel, including formula and macro writing, and strong general MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Familiarity with retailer/vendor systems and portals.
- Ability to present and persuade with data and insights.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels.
- Proficient organizational and project management skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to proactively generate innovative ideas and lead process improvements.
- Ability to work independently and do what is necessary to get the job done correctly and in a timely manner.
- A results-oriented individual who doesn’t take mediocrity as acceptable.
- The ability to set priorities and execute against them, while seeing to immediate business needs.
- Well-developed business acumen.
- High level of curiosity.
- Demonstrates high sense of urgency.
- Reports to: PPI National Account Manager - Ulta
- Manages: None
- Key Relationships: Sales Leadership, S&OP, Customer Marketing, Brand Marketing, Ulta Buyer and Ulta Planning
Paris Presents Incorporated is an entrepreneurial, privately held / private equity backed company that creates and distributes strong brands of makeup tools and body care accessories in over 60 countries. Our 70+ year old company is a high-growth, beauty business with a focus on exceptional quality products at affordable prices developed through innovation and on-trend design. Paris Presents has a very fast paced culture, with the senior management team coming from major CPG companies and having strong records of growing businesses. The company has been recognized on Inc’s Top 5000 fastest growing privately held companies to work the past three years in a row.
The company’s three core brands are EcoTools®, Real Techniques®, and Body Benefits by Body Image®. EcoTools is a leader in eco-conscious beauty products, most notably for incredibly soft cosmetic brushes but also offers a line of hair brushes and bath accessories. Since its launch in 2011, Real Techniques is the number one makeup brush brand on YouTube, the leading share brand in the UK and one of the fastest growing brands in the U.S. Body Benefits by Body Image® is the number one brand in bath accessories with distribution at key retailers such as Walmart and Target.