Product Development Associate
The PD Associate will know and leverage the business, brand, positioning, target market, competition and trends both inside and outside of beauty. This role will be responsible for developing unique, on trend, aesthetically beautiful, high performing accessories at a great value for our customer base and end consumer. The PD Associate will use their passion, proactivity, curiosity and efficiency to develop and execute products with smart speed and seamlessly communicate with cross-functional and overseas partners to bring the products to market with flawless execution.
- Maintain tracking documents
- Manage samples of all products
- Develop, maintain and manage product fact sheets
- Develop, maintain and manage product trays and standards
- Manage vendor library
- Monitor and evaluate competition
- Written communication to overseas suppliers daily
- Enter and organize all product information into program documents
- Create specification forms for new products.
- Initiate development of products with overseas suppliers
- Review samples with team and provide feedback to vendors
- Anticipate & identify development issues and provide appropriate recommendations for resolution
- Record sample status, costs, and next steps for new products
- Store, organize, and maintain development samples throughout the development process
- Collaborate with the Creative Services team to support packaging and assembly development to ensure complete product is executed accurately and beautifully
- Assist with coordination of department presentations
- Regularly gather trends and concepts from the market or other inspiration and share with cross functional teams
- Coordinate and request sample needs for development and testing
- Understand vendor capabilities and product scope.
- Solicit new products from vendors.
- Keep direct manager informed of key initiatives, solicits input / feedback, and supports team priorities
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of Product Development experience - Beauty, Fashion or CPG strong preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly and easily
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks without compromising the quality of work
- Detail oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Able to deal with the public in a professional, friendly manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- Solid problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to show good judgment and solve problems independently
- A genuine interest in the beauty and fashion industries with a focus on high quality products
- Ability to travel overseas at least twice to three times a year
- Graphic design ability preferred
- A positive and friendly attitude combined with a healthy sense of urgency in completing work and responding to inquiries
Reports to: Senior Manager of Product Development
Key Relationships: Part of Product Development team; close working relationships with Product Development, Innovation, Creative and Marketing.
Paris Presents Incorporated is an entrepreneurial, privately held / venture capital backed company that creates and distributes strong brands of makeup tools and body care accessories in over 60 countries. This is a high-growth, beauty business with a focus on exceptional quality products at affordable prices developed through innovation and on-trend design. Paris Presents has a very fast paced culture, with the senior management team coming from major CPG companies and having strong records of growing businesses. The company is over 70 years old and continues to grow rapidly. The company has also been recognized on Inc’s Top 5000 companies to work for 3 years in a row.
The company’s three core brands are EcoTools®, Real Techniques®, and Body Benefits by Body Image®. EcoTools is a leader in eco- conscious beauty products, most notably for incredibly soft cosmetic brushes but also offers a line of hair brushes and bath accessories. Since its launch in 2011, Real Techniques is the number one makeup brush brand on YouTube, the leading share brand in the UK and one of the fastest growing brands in the U.S. Body Benefits is the number one brand in bath accessories with distribution at key retailers such as Walmart.