The International Buyer is responsible for purchasing, vendor communication and coordination; manage purchase to inventory numbers to goals. Facilitate on-time purchase order placement and component delivery, work closely with all cross functional teams to maintain accurate purchasing and item information in our ASW operating system. Monitor and maintain proper inventory levels to meet company goals. Assist with vendor management including negotiations. Management of product & production changes at the suppliers.
Purchase Order process, including:
- Place Purchase Orders: Finished goods and components - ensuring Item Notes/Specification sheets, pricing, freight and delivery terms, etc. are correct. Confirm open Purchase Orders: Verify suppliers are shipping on time and all item details have been updated in ASW. Promptly communicate any issues to team.
- Understand capacity and production schedules to ensure on time shipment
- Material requirements planning, purchasing, and assisting with supplier relationship management
- Coordinating the movement of materials from suppliers ensuring all supplied material is available and shipped on time to meet dock date requirements, monitor and resolve delivery and quality issues with suppliers as needed, and expedite materials when necessary.
- Recommending purchasing strategies to maximize profit and efficiencies and minimize inventory. Analysis & resolution of unfavorable purchase price variance.
Inventory Maintenance, including:
- Review DRP/ASW and S&OP purchase order suggestions and execute purchases orders and activity to maintain company goals. Resolve inventory discrepancies at suppliers. Monitor inventory balances at vendor warehouses (scrapping leftover obsolete components in a timely manner). Understand lead times, weeks of supply and balance accordingly
- Review Scrap Factors, maintain Production Structures to reflect accurate scrap factors. Confirm scrap factors with vendors, reviewing vendor accountability not to exceed those factors. Identify and share quality problems with Account Team, participating in action steps to resolve QC issues. Update Overseas Inspection Log for finished goods and components as directed by Product Dev team. Process vendor charge-backs as needed.
- Actively participate in and prepare for Account Meetings and Department meetings, providing input as needed, taking defined action steps, following up, and updating team promptly. Collaborating with product development and quality regarding product changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- At least 5 years experience required
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience purchasing consumer products
- Must have experience using an ERP system
- Must have import experience, experience working with overseas vendors (Asia) andexperience working with 3rd party vendors.
- Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Detail oriented
Ideal Personal Profile
- Excellent diplomatic demeanor
- Outgoing and proactive
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast – paced working environment and comfortable making decisions, and adjusting priorities and resources
- Futuristic attitude
- Ability to multi-task with cross-functional teams
Paris Presents Incorporated is an entrepreneurial, privately held / private equity backed company that creates and distributes strong brands of makeup tools and body care accessories in over 60 countries. Our 70+ year old company is a high-growth, beauty business with a focus on exceptional quality products at affordable prices developed through innovation and on-trend design. Paris Presents has a very fast paced culture, with the senior management team coming from major CPG companies and having strong records of growing businesses. The company has been recognized on Inc’s Top 5000 fastest growing privately held companies to work for 3 years in a row.
The company’s three core brands are EcoTools®, Real Techniques®, and Body Benefits by Body Image®. EcoTools® is a leader in eco-conscious beauty products, most notably for incredibly soft cosmetic brushes but also offers a line of hair brushes and bath accessories. Since its launch in 2011, Real Techniques® is the number one makeup brush brand on YouTube, the leading share brand in the UK and one of the fastest growing brands in the U.S. Body Benefits by Body Image® is the number one brand in bath accessories with distribution at key retailers such as Walmart and Target.