Brand Manager - Real Techniques Brand Development and Innovation
Reporting to the Director of Global Marketing, the Brand Manager will have responsibility for developing the long and short-term strategy for the Real Techniques brand, including brand positioning and innovation strategy. He/she will work closely with the Product Development team to feed the innovation funnel and will own the execution of all innovation. He/she will also establish the brand equity for consistent application across all global consumer communication. The manager will intimately know the consumer and will mine research, competition, fashion etc. for insights and trends.
- Develop 3-5 year global brand plans resulting in aggressive growth.
- Brand positioning – current core equities and future vision.
- Innovation strategy and territories for expansion.
- Own all new product development including strategy/brief, positioning, benefits, copy, claims and execution through commercialization.
- Work with customer management and sales to develop best in class merchandising.
- Mine consumer research and communication for insights.
- Deliver marketplace intelligence; monitoring competitive products and identifying trends and market opportunities.
- Generate a constant stream of new ideas to accelerate brand growth.
- Manage the P&L.
- Monitor and analyze the business, provide recommendations based on changing dynamics.
- Lead and manage direct reports and provide day to day guidance and support.
- Currently a brand manager, ideally with beauty and/or personal care experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of proven success in brand management (ideally in a beauty industry).
- Demonstrated success leading a brand and cross functional teams with a high degree of independence.
- A keen understanding of marketing and financial fundamentals and strong ability to execute against these fundamentals.
- Experience in P&L management, brand strategy, product positioning, consumer and customer insights, product development, package design, and business analytics.
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE
- An entrepreneurial, high energy, action-oriented manager who thrives in a fast paced, high activity environment; who is process-oriented; leads by example; works effectively with minimum supervision; and can think well “on the fly”.
- Passionate about beauty, digital and make up tools.An individual with a growth mind set.
- A results-oriented individual who doesn’t take mediocrity as acceptable.
- A tenacious person who also has a sense of humor and doesn’t take him/herself too seriously.
- A values-driven people person – a leader with drive and vision who possesses superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external groups.
- Ability to mentor and develop cross functional teams.
- The ability to set priorities and execute against them, while seeing to immediate business needs. A multi-tasker with a taste for juggling and experience keeping many balls in the air. Strong problem-solving experience.
- Flexibility, with ability to succeed in a changing and environment while putting some structure in place, and ability to adjust to changing market and consumer needs.
- Solid analytical and financial skills.
- An organized individual who can keep multiple projects, countries, and activities on track and successful.
- Experience working with national mass, drug, specialty and food retailers.
- A manager with growth potential and the ability to take on even greater responsibilities.
Reports to: Director of Global Marketing
Manages: Associate Brand Manager and a Marketing Associate/Assistant
Key Relationships: Works closely with marketing/activation team and cross functional team, in particular with product development, creative services and outside agencies/consultants.
Paris Presents Incorporated is an entrepreneurial, privately held / private equity backed company that creates and distributes strong brands of makeup tools and body care accessories in over 60 countries. Our 70+ year old company is a high-growth, beauty business with a focus on exceptional quality products at affordable prices developed through innovation and on-trend design. Paris Presents has a very fast paced culture, with the senior management team coming from major CPG companies and having strong records of growing businesses. The company has been recognized on Inc’s Top 5000 fastest growing privately held companies to work for 3 years in a row.
The company’s three core brands are EcoTools®, Real Techniques®, and Body Benefits by Body Image®. EcoTools® is a leader in eco-conscious beauty products, most notably for incredibly soft cosmetic brushes but also offers a line of hair brushes and bath accessories. Since its launch in 2011, Real Techniques® is the number one makeup brush brand on YouTube, the leading share brand in the UK and one of the fastest growing brands in the U.S. Body Benefits by Body Image® is the number one brand in bath accessories with distribution at key retailers such as Walmart and Target.