Sourcing Program Manager
The Sourcing Program Manager supports team goals and global sourcing strategies providing Paris Presents with a sustainable competitive advantage. Responsible for broadening the supplier base for new categories, satisfying the day-to-day resource needs of the department, while cooperating with other functional departments to complete projects and to address company’s overall goals. The position reports into the Director, Global Sourcing.
- Coordinate supplier management, supplier performance, negotiations and provide seamless support when sourcing existing and new products. This includes capacity understanding and management, terms and conditions, contractual agreements.
- Capable of developing and maintaining systematic, analytical and results-based method for savings, monitoring supplier’s performance, sourcing effectiveness and communicating these results to the businesses.
- Lead negotiation efforts on purchase agreements and vendor contracts with a bias for achievement of quality, delivery, cost savings, and process improvements.
- Leverage volume across major spend items, negotiate, and manage vendor splits to deliver cost savings.
- Project management of Sourcing programs. Working with other cross functional teams on cost related Initiatives/projects.
- Works closely with Product Development to execute product changes for modifications, and redesigns of current products. Manages these product changes globally with our Asian team and vendors to meet delivery, quality, and cost objectives:
- Supports Sourcing department to validate costs and achieve initial targets
- Creates and interprets cost analysis comparison pre and post production
- Establishes strong relationship with vendors and improves effectiveness. Drive standardized procurement best practice processes and work to continually improve suppliers’ performance.
- Communicates to overseas suppliers for sampling purposes.
- Reviews samples with team and provides feedback to vendors. Records sample statuses
- Stores, organizes, and maintains development samples throughout the development process
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- B.A. or B.S. degree is required – preferably Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance or related field.
- MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the Procurement or Sourcing.
- Experience leading in a matrix environment– managing and influencing teams that are not direct reports
- Experience/capability in leading cross-functional teams to implement supplier change and/or cost savings initiatives across a large, complex supplier base.
- Demonstrated expertise in procurement category management, supplier relationship management, commercial negotiations and strategic sourcing process.
- Multiple language knowledge and multiple country experience is a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills.
- A commitment to excellence and continuous improvement with experience in various continuous improvement processes and initiatives (i.e. 5S, Value Streams, Six Sigma, TPM)
- Solid project management capabilities with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously from origin through execution.
- Comfortable creating scorecards, metrics and performance measures that are sustainable and automated
- Vendor management including, establishing metrics and measures/scorecards/profiles
- Proven negotiation skills, including with China based vendors
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong ability to communicate up, down and across an organization
- Strong ability to mentor, develop and coach people and build high performance teams
- Strong ability to communicate with different cultures
- Can do attitude, no barriers approach to getting the job done
- Strong business and personal ethics
- Ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically.
- Knowledge or technical solutions of sourcing activities and workflow management
- Green Belt knowledge / experience
- PMP Certified
- Experience in the beauty industry
- Branded & Private label product knowledge
- Periodic travel to Asia and global locations as determined by need.
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE:
- Excellent diplomatic demeanor
- Outgoing and proactive. Able to deal with the public in a professional, friendly manner
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast – paced working environment and comfortable making decisions, and adjusting priorities and resources
- Futuristic attitude
- A juggler- likes to have multiple balls in the air
Reports to: Director of Sourcing
Manages: No direct reports
Key Internal Relationships: PPI cross functional teams, Product Development
and Supply Chain.
Key External Relationships: Asian Team; Vendors
Paris Presents Incorporated is an entrepreneurial, privately held / private equity backed company that creates and distributes strong brands of makeup tools and body care accessories in over 60 countries. Our 70+ year old company is a high-growth, beauty business with a focus on exceptional quality products at affordable prices developed through innovation and on-trend design. Paris Presents has a very fast paced culture, with the senior management team coming from major CPG companies and having strong records of growing businesses. The company has been recognized on Inc’s Top 5000 fastest growing privately held companies to work for 3 years in a row.
The company’s three core brands are EcoTools®, Real Techniques®, and Body Benefits by Body Image®. EcoTools® is a leader in eco-conscious beauty products, most notably for incredibly soft cosmetic brushes but also offers a line of hair brushes and bath accessories. Since its launch in 2011, Real Techniques® is the number one makeup brush brand on YouTube, the leading share brand in the UK and one of the fastest growing brands in the U.S. Body Benefits by Body Image® is the number one brand in bath accessories with distribution at key retailers such as Walmart and Target.