Junior Graphic Designer - Product and Packaging
Reporting to the Manager of Product Development, this position will be responsible for designing compelling products and kits for the global brands; Real Techniques® and EcoTools®. The designer will be responsible for designing differentiated Cosmetic Accessory products that exceed consumer’s expectations while meeting profitability and pricing requirements. The designer will work on new products or improve existing ones using their design skills. The designer will be responsible for leveraging macro/micro/market/consumer research and trends to create product designs and concepts. The designs are thoughtfully created for manufacturability through to consumer performance and enjoyment while reinforcing the design language of the brand. The designer will work closely with cross functional teams including Product Development, Innovation, Creative, and Marketing.
- Create compelling new product and packaging design that will delight consumers and drive profitable sales.
- Develop and present creative concepts according to brand brief requirements
- Translate information into meaningful and influential designs and roll out branding portfolio across multiple segmentations and products
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, design, color, photography and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative, visual solutions that meet business and user needs
- Support the annual new product development cycle through to production utilizing project timelines to ensure design work is on track.
- Establish designs of meaningfully differentiated products leveraging key beauty, fashion and cultural trends.
- Identify materials and treatments for product and packaging and create turnover documents and files for Creative/Packaging Engineer
- Work with manager to understand financials and apply knowledge to design cost right products
- Be mindful of competitive products and marketplace trends
- Prepare presentations for internal and external partners
- A Graphic Designer with consumer-packaged goods or beauty experience
- 4-year Degree in Graphic Design preferred
- Proficient in: Adobe Creative Suite for MAC, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of production and building print ready files a plus
- Some experience in a fashion-oriented industry
- A keen understanding of product design and development, packaging, materials, and financial fundamentals with a strong ability to execute against these fundamentals.
- Practical experience with consumer and customer insights.
- Great aesthetic expression
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE:
- A passion for beauty and a talent for identifying beauty and fashion trends
- A tenacious, competitive person who also has a sense of humor and doesn’t take him/herself too seriously
- Ability to conceptualize, problem solve and implement a design solution from start to finish with Manager’s lead
- A values-driven people person who possesses superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external groups
- An entrepreneurial, high energy, action-oriented designer who thrives in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with attention to detail and an emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Able to execute against set priorities
- A multi-tasker with a taste for juggling and able to keep many balls in the air
- Flexibility, with ability to succeed in a changing and environment while putting some structure in place, and ability to adjust to changing market and consumer needs
- Open to feedback and takes direction well
Reports to: Manager of Product Development
Key Relationships: Part of Product Development team; Close working relationships with Product Development, Innovation, Creative, and Marketing.
Paris Presents is an entrepreneurial, privately held / venture capital backed company that creates and distributes strong brands of makeup tools and body care accessories in over 60 countries. Their expertise includes both globally distributed branded product lines and the development of retailer brands, product lines individually created and managed for large retailers. This is a high-growth, beauty and fashion business with a focus on high quality products at affordable prices developed through innovation and on-trend design. A sought-after “indie” company, Paris Presents has a very fast paced culture, has annual revenues of over $100M, and is growing rapidly around the world, with distribution in over 60 countries. In 2014, the company was recognized by IRI/Boston Consulting Group as the fastest growing health and beauty company under $1B, and a top-10 finalist in the 2015 European Business Awards. The senior management team comes from major CPG companies and has a strong record of success growing businesses. The company is over 70 years old with a very fast paced culture, has annual revenues of over $225MM, and is growing rapidly. The senior management team comes from major CPG companies and has strong success record of growing businesses. In 2016 the CEO, Patrick O’Brien, was named Ernest and Young Entrepreneur of the year for the Midwest region and the company was recognized on Inc’s top 5000 companies to work for 3 years in a row.
The company’s three core brands are EcoTools®, Real Techniques®, and Body Benefits by Body Image®. EcoTools is a leader in eco- conscious beauty products, most notably for incredibly soft cosmetic brushes but also offers a line of hair brushes and bath accessories. Body Benefits is the number one brand in bath accessories with distribution at key retailers such as Walmart. The brand offers a comprehensive assortment of netted bath sponges as well as all other bath accessories.
Since its launch in 2011, Real Techniques has taken over the online beauty industry with phenomenal products and expert advice from celebrity makeup artists and sisters Sam and Nic Chapman. Our inspiring education is creating newfound confidence in women globally, all at a click of a button. The brand is the number one makeup brush brand on YouTube, the leading share brand in the UK and one of the fastest growing brands in the U.S.
The company also offers retailer exclusive brands to round out our portfolio at key retailers like Walmart, Target, Walgreens and Rite Aid.